COURSE OUTCOMES – COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH
Semester – I
Identifying various organs and systems involved in the production of speech sounds.
Knowledge of speech sounds used in English Language.
- Enable students to acquire a basic knowledge of phonetics required for effective communication.
- Identifying consonant sounds of English language.
- Grammar and vocabulary building through various exercises.
- Enhancing communication skills.
Semester – II
- Enable students to acquire a basic knowledge of sound system in English language.
- Identifying vowel sounds of English Language.
- Practice of various aspects of speech like intonation, assimilation and elision, accent and rhythm in connected speech.
- Grammar and usage to enable students to practice modern usage of English as it is spoken and written.
- Speech practice, reading passage and comprehension.
Semester – III
- To learn how to read properly and also be able to comprehend it.
- To enhance speed of reading by using different sub-skills.
- To learn how to collect and collate data
- To learn how to make notes through summarising.
- To learn about the different aspects of communication process in general And to study the details of communication in business organisation in particular.
To develop the different writing skills needed in communication process in a business organisation.
To develop vocabulary through prescribed language exercises